Thursday, June 29, 2006
Drunken Rant
Men suck!!

Why is it that when you do something responsible men get pissed off? I took one of my really good friends (otherwise known as L) home tonight after a night of drinking because she obviously could not drive. The whole way home she telling me how she's worried that D, her husband, is going to start a fight with her because 1) she's late and 2) she's drunk. I KNOW that if I were drunk and one of my friends took the keys from me and drove me home that my husband would be more than happy that I got home alive and that I had friends that cared enough to do that for me. But no, I walk her up to her house and hubs is waiting outside smoking. I tell him that I drove her home because I knew that she needed to be home and couldn't drive herself and all he did was shake his head and walk inside. So, L gets his attention and he comes back out, I hand him the keys and mention that she might need to go lay down, he again, just shakes his head and walks off.

I know that a fight was coming, so I told her to call me if anything at all happened and I would come pick her up. Even if it was four in the morning. I just don't understand how a husband can be like that. There's alot more to this story that I won't go into right now, but this shit just really annoys me. He should be thankful that she had somebody to drive her home and that she didn't kill herself on the way!

I just don't understand men. I would have serious issues with my husband if he treated me like that. Okay, rant over.


4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I don't particularly understand men at all. Husbands of friends are particularly hard to deal with because you can't really bitch to your friend (their wife) because you end up looking like a shrew. Such fun. I feel your pain.

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! I had no idea that happend. You are a good friend and what a drive for you. OH my! You are an awesome friend.

Blogger Kat said...

Okay, that is ridiculous. Is he a saint or something that never has one too many? At least she let you drive her home. Shit, my parents still praise me at 30 when I take a cab home even if it costs a fortune and they have the inconvenience of taking me to retrieve my car. I've seen what it looks like to hit a tree at 40mph and it's not pretty. YOU are an awesome friend for getting her home! Did he even bother to thank you?

Blogger Kami said...

That is just stupid. I have had to have my husband drive my friend home before because I couldn't drive her. WTH? I had to wake him up, and he didn't give me crap for it.

Better safe than sorry!

Post a Comment

<< Home