Sunday, May 28, 2006
Somebody had the nerve to steal my car
Yep, I drove it to work on Thursday and when I got ready to leave I walked out with keys in hand and it was no where to be found. I called the police and reported it. They found it three minutes after the report was sent out. The person who stole it had been rear-ended by somebody else and then hit a tree. Kinda funny if you ask me.

I went to go look at it yesterday and there were some minor scratches, a dent in the front bumper from where he hit the tree and the wheel and tire were destroyed from going up on the curb, but all in all, it looked salvagable. I went ahead and paid the $300 to get it out of impound so we could fix it and sell it, but when they got it out onto the street and we were able to get a good look under the hood, it wasn't good. When he hit the tree he pushed the radiator off of it's mounts and along with the fans, belts and hoses, pushed it into the engine block. He also punctured the trasmission fluid tank (or whatever) and the alignment is totally screwed on that one tire. When the right tire is straight, the left tire is sideways. Oh well. We are going to auction it off later this week and see if we can actually get any money out of it.

We do have a discription on the person who stole it, but I seriously doubt anything will come of it. The man who hit our car from behind saw the guy get out and run like hell, but trying to find a six foot tall white male with brown hair in Austin is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

That's about it for now. Stay tuned, i'm sure there's more drama to come. I'll try to get some pictures posted soon.


7 Comments:

Blogger Candy said...

Dear gawd, woman... you need a drink... or 20... ((HUGS))

Blogger Amy said...

Would you like a little drama in your life? Good grief! hugs....

Blogger Unknown said...

Man that sucks! Sorry it happened and not sorry because you get to buy a new car.

Blogger Melanie said...

That is crazy! Hope you get something for it.

Blogger Nap Queen said...

OMG, that's crazy! I once had my car stolen out of valet at PF Chang's. They found it a few weeks later totally screwed up. The restaurant's insurance paid for everything, so when it came time to tow it away, I cleaned it out to make sure I had all my stuff and wouldn't you know it, I found a crack pipe!!

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG, that is CRAZY. What are the odds that he would get hit? I can't tell if that's a blessing or a curse...

Do keep us posted!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post a Comment

<< Home