Friday, August 04, 2006
What all can happen in 30 minutes?
Alot apparently. I don't typically blog about work stuff becuase it's just really not interesting. I work in a restaurant and i'm friends with almost everybody that I work with. We hang out after work and i've made some really good friends from the restaurant. But today something funny happened. I was unemployed for a whole thirty minutes. I got fired from the restaurant because I apparently "cause too many problems and get too many shifts covered." In my opinion, this is a total bullshit excuse because I haven't had a shift covered in over a month and the only reason I was causing problems is because of some other jackass I worked with.

I know that I got canned because the asshole that was causing the problems is one of the GM's favorites. But really, i'm not the only one that has problems with this guy. He treats all of the women that work there like they should bow down to him and respect him whether he respects us or not. If you know me, you know that that kind of shit doesn't fly with me. If you want respect you need to treat me with it as well. Lately this guy has been causing me all kinds of rediculous problems. Just to name a few, he would stab my tickets BEFORE the kitchen could make the food, therefore my tables got no food. He would stand at the host stand and seat only himself or the other mexican servers, leaving me with practically no tables (Sunday night I made $27 because of him). He goes behind me and messes up my side work and then tries to tell the manager that I didn't do it. Yes, I have talked to the manager, the GM and the owner of the restaurant about this all to no avail. Again, he is one of the favorite and the GM is too busy sucking his dick to address our concerns.

Anyhow, I got fired before my shift started at 4:30, went down the street and applied at another place and thirty minutes later I walked out with a job. The GM there was pretty excited that I have my TABC certification and have waited tables before, so he pretty much hired me on the spot. He did say that he was going to check my references. Apparently he called my old manager (who I get along with very well, not the GM) and my three references. The manager told my references that I had the job and he was just checking to make sure.

I know that this story doesn't have much of a point at all. I just think that it is hilarious that I was only unemployed for 30 minutes. Yes, my life really is that uninteresting.


3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Where ya working at now?

Blogger Candy said...

ROFL! I love it!! You go girl!

Blogger -E said...

Good for you for just moving on and taking care of things! Here's hoping this job will be SO much better for you.

Post a Comment

<< Home