Wednesday, July 19, 2006
We're all well, mostly.
Well, Todd's cornea has grown back, Tyler's tooth is gone and I *think* we might be out of the doctor's offices for a while.

Ty's dentist appt. went really well. He was so cute. I told him that he was going to get some medicine to make him sleepy and then he would get laughing gas and he thought that was just great. He felt the first shot of novacaine go in, but after that, it was smooth sailing. They ended up giving him 7 shots to get it numb, then took a pair of pliers and yanked it out. I really could have done without seeing that, but since i'm the momma, I didn't have much choice. He was great afterwards though. He looked like a drunken little munchkin trying to walk out to the car. Mind you, i'm a big girl at 6'1", but I still had trouble trying to manage his 4'2" frame and 65 pounds while getting out to the car. He was stumbling all around and I couldn't hold him, so I grabbed him under the arms and did the best I could. I'm sure it was a sight to see...lol. When we got to the car I kept telling him "Okay, just hold onto the car while I open it really quickly." No can do. He tried to wonder out into traffic. Once I finally got him in the car he passed out. All in all, he was pretty slow all day and looks too damn cute with that front tooth out. The doc said it probably wouldn't grow back until he was about 6 1/2. He also said that his two bottom teeth are loose and his six year molars are coming in (at 4 1/2).

Todd's cornea is all better. He saw the optometrist last Friday and he said that it was about half way healed. The only thing that he might have a problem with is the cornea becoming opaque now that it has been damaged. We'll just have to wait and see how it heals. Of course there's always something going on with him. He's taken the last two days off of work because he's woken up with nausea and throwing up. I thought I was supposed to be the one with the morning sickness, but apparently not. Whatever.

In other news, Kyle is getting his 10th tooth in. His doctors are very pleased with his progress and are amazed at how well he is talking. When he was born the doctors told us that he would always have speech problems because of the cleft and that he would need speech therapy by the time he was two. Now they are saying that he is progressing normally and will not need the speech therapy. I'm absolutely amazed at how well he's doing. He can repeat almost any word that we tell him and can pronounce the words that he knows pretty clearly. He truly is our little miracle baby.

I think that's about it for now. I think I might be pregnant already because of my symptoms, but I can't test until Thursday morning. Everybody keep their fingers crossed for us. I really hate the stress of "trying". Hopefully we won't have to worry about it much longer.


5 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Good luck with being pregnancy! We started trying in June and it worked the first month. Our first baby was a surprise, so we didn't know what it was like to actually try to conceive. It was a lot more stressful than I thought it would be - well, the waiting was stressful anyway. I'll be at 7 weeks tomorrow but I still haven't felt any symptoms of pregnancy yet.

Blogger Cara said...

God, I'm a dork....I meant good luck with being PREGNANT. :)

Blogger Dynila said...

I know you're in denial Momma, but the boy is not 4 1/2 - he'll be 5 in barely over a month... :-)

Blogger Candy said...

Well?? It's Friday!! Did you test? Didja? Didja?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post a Comment

<< Home