Friday, January 27, 2006
MRI Results
I finally got to see the Orthopedic Surgeon today for the results of my MRI. It's no bueno. The doc said that I have a torn medial meniscus and sprained or torn MCL. He said that the best option for me right now is to go ahead with surgery. They are going to try to schedule it for next Thursday or Friday. It shouldn't be too bad though, the doc said that I could get back to work within three weeks, assuming that I still have a job.

Now my next task is to get the owners of the restaurant to agree to pay for the surgery. They are wanting me to go for a second opinion. As best I can figure, they are just trying to stall the surgery until they can find a doc that will tell them what they want to hear, which is that surgery isn't really necessary.

I'm sure that i'll be contacting an attorney to help with this quite soon. ugh.


4 Comments:

Blogger Drama Mama said...

I feel for you girl. Make them buck up they are just trying to get out of paying for it!

Blogger Unknown said...

Ouch! What a pain! Why can't you just get a second opinion on your own? Anything with surgery scares me. I got 4 opinions before committing to tonsilectomy for my kid. I hope this works out.

Blogger Cheryl said...

Delaine, I could get a second opinion on my own but I would have to pay for it out of my own pocket. I'm actually really comfortable with having the surgery, but they are the ones that are screwing around. I wish I could just get it over with so I can get back to work and pay some bills around here.

Blogger Beth said...

Ugg, sounds like they are stalling. And yes I'm coming to the blowout.

Post a Comment

<< Home