Monday, January 23, 2006
You have GOT to be kidding.
Well, it took a week for my work to finally authorize a doctors appt for my busted knee. The guy called this morning and told me my appt was at 3. Great! Finally, relief is in sight. WRONG. My manager from work told me that I was going to see a doctor who would prescribe me some pain meds and get me a referral to an orthopedic surgeon. Who did they send me to? A fucking chiropractor. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against chiropractors. I have one myself and love him dearly, but a chiropractor is not who I needed to see today.

So when I get there the doc took a look at my leg and got my story as to what had happened that night. He then proceeds to tell me that my ACL is not torn, but that i merely "popped" my knee cap. WTF? All this after he's looked at it for a whole two seconds. He tells me that he wants to do cryo and electric therapy for one to two weeks and then I should be good as new. If after the two weeks i'm still in pain then he would recommend sending me for an MRI.

I'm having some serious issues with this. When I was in the ER last Tuesday the doc told me that I needed to be in with an orthopedic surgeon the next day for a full assessment and MRI. Why the hell did they send me to a chiropractor? They have been telling me for six days now that they are still getting the paperwork in order so that I can see the orthopedic surgeon. So when I go up to work today to figure out what in the hell is going on, they finally tell me that they don't have workman's comp insurance and are having to pay all of this out of pocket.

So basically, they've been bullshitting me for the last 7 days because they don't want to have to deal with this. I also found out today that the chiropractor that they sent me to is the personal chiropractor for one of the owners. If that's not shady, I don't know what is.

Anyhow, here I am, seven days later, still no pain meds and no answer as to what in the hell is wrong with my severely swollen and painful knee. Tomorrow morning I am calling my orthopedic surgeon to see if they can just bill the company.

I just want some freaking pain medicine so that maybe I can sleep for more than two hours a night and to find out what in the hell is wrong with my poor broken knee, but apparently this is too much to ask.


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Man that s#@Ks! I'm sorry. I would call your own doc and bill the company. At least they are willing to pay for it, right?

Post a Comment

<< Home