Monday, August 14, 2006
My brain is in overdrive.
Lots on my mind lately and i'm sure that if I whisper one more word about the baby to my friends they are going to shoot me, so i'll just unload here. You guys are sooo lucky...lol.

So, I guess the number one thing that is bothering me is the whole twin thing. It's really freaking me out. Part of me is terrified, but the other part of me thinks it would be kinda cool. I could definately be done having babies (read- get my tubes tied on the delivery table.). The logical side of me tells me that i'm making more out of this than I should, but I just *feel* like it's twins or god-forbid triplets. OMG, i'm not even going there. Anyhow, if it is twins, it would explain all of my symptoms. The horrible morning sickness (I thought that was supposed to be less and less with each pregnancy???), my boobs being soooo sore (my boobs are NEVER sore, ever), feeling the kidlet move already (they say you can feel it earlier since twins are fighting for room.. That would explain it, my kids fighting already, who woulda thought? ;)), the doc saying my uterus is bigger than it should be and of course, we can't forget me being in full blown maternity wear at 7 weeks. My brain tells me it's not possible, but everything else inside of me knows that it's twins. Truthfully, I will be surprised if it's not.

I did find a article today that says if you were on any kind of hormonal birth contol right before you get pregnant that it can cause twin because of the extra hormones. You guessed it, I was on the Mirena IUD which has a low dose of hormones and yep, I got pregnant within three weeks of having it taken out. Whatever. We will be excited with whatever comes our way. We just want a healthy baby(ies). I know everybody says that as a normal part of their conversation, but with what we've been through with Kyle, it takes on a whole new meaning to us.

The other thing that's been on my mind for a while is my job. I think I need to find something where I can sit, or at least not have to move around so much. My work sent me home today because I was throwing up (thank you, morning sickness) and told me to have a drs. note next time I came in. Ummm, no. I'm not going to bring a drs note for morning sickness. They don't know about the baby yet and i'm not sure that they are gonna be cool with it. Besides that, they have me working 8 shifts this week (which means TWO doubles..) with only one day off. I'm just not up for that. I don't want to look for another job right now, but if I don't do it now, I doubt that anybody is going to hire me if i'm obviously showing. At least right now I can hide it for an interview or two. I'm thinking maybe a doctors office, or a call center or something. We really don't need the money for bills, so whatever I make is just pretty much for spending.

I go in for my sonogram on Wednesday morning and my girl Dy is coming with me for emotional support. Hopefully all will go well. At this point i'm more worried that they are going to tell me it's a Molar pregnancy or something is dreadfully wrong.

Must go drink some peppermint tea now and try to convince myself that this morning sickness is not going to get the best of me.


2 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

I know this is freaky-stalkerish since we've never met or anything, but I had a dream a couple of nights ago that you found out you were having twin girls. (Being 10 wks pregnant myself, I've got the strage dreams going on!) This was the same day you posted about your OB telling you your uterus was measuring large. Weird, huh?

I'm in full-blown maternity clothes too and this is my 2nd baby. I think once you've had one you definately show much sooner.

Blogger Melanie said...

I can't wait for the update! Twins are great, but I would be freaking out too. I always hated how my mind was on overdrive while I was preggo.

Post a Comment

<< Home