Sunday, February 26, 2006
What a week
Where do I even start? Monday you say? Good, let's start there...

Monday, I stayed up till 5:30 in the morning studying for my 8 AM physics final. Ugh. I still don't know what I made, but i'm sure it wasn't good. Hopefully he'll take pity on us and grade with a curve.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, hmmm, I don't remember those so we'll just skip 'em.

Friday, I cleaned T man's room and finally got him to sleep in there. He's gotten into the habit of sleeping on the floor in our bedroom and it was seriously about to drive me nuts. Do you know how hard it is to have any kind of private time with your other half when there's a four year old sleep on the floor next to the bed? Anyhoo, we had to get him a lamp to keep on at night and some monster spray so that he'd feel safe. Nevermind the fact that the whole second story of our house smells like a floral shop. I guess it's a small price to pay for a little bit of private time.

On to Saturday. Ahh, my favorite day of the week. While at work Saturday night I get a call from my dear husband saying that Baby K "fell and split his face open." Umm, excuse me? And you call to tell me this in the middle of the 7 o'clock rush when you know that I can't do anything to help? He was flipping out because he couldn't get ahold of my parents and didn't know who else to call. So me being the woman with all the answers tells him to clean off his face and find out where the blood is coming from. Well, K wouldn't let him near his face. All he could tell me was that the front of his shirt, the baby's shirt and the couch were all covered in blood. Great. He finally tells me that it's somewhere around his mouth but couldn't tell whether it was on the inside or outside so I told him to call me back when he knows something. He calls back fifteen minutes later saying that he thinks that K knocked out one of his bottom teeth, gashed his lip open and cut his upper gum right where the cleft goes through. Okay, no good, so I called Dy and she ran over here to save the day. She figured out that he had only gashed his lip open and possibly cut his gum, but didn't lose any teeth. Hey, at least he didn't split his face open.

So that leaves us with today. I'm tired today and I don't feel good. I've got yet another UTI (only the sixth one in the last eight months) and I really don't want to go to the doc, but i'm going to so that it doesn't turn into yet another kidney infection.

Overall, I got absolutely nothing accomplished this week. Sometimes I wonder how one person can be soooo unproductive. Oh well, gives me something to work on. Next week I will try keep my children from doing any more bodily harm to themselves or anybody else and maybe i'll even get to like, oh, clean the house or something.


5 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Heres to a better week for you...glad you little guys face wasnt "split open"...DADS....

Blogger Lisa said...

Okay, I have to laugh at you having to call another mom, cause the dad can't figure out this stuff on his own!

Poor baby!

Blogger Kami said...

So glad he didn't lose any teeth!!

Blogger Candy said...

Dang... what a week! Hang in there!

Blogger Unknown said...

Men! Why do they get so freaky? Sorry about the little man and I'm sure this week will be better. I love how you couldn't remember those other days.

Post a Comment

<< Home