Sunday, March 05, 2006
It's been a hard day.
For that matter, it's been a hard week and a hard month, but today (well technically yesterday) has been especially hard.

Two years ago today one of my best friends died in a car accident. She passed away at about 2:20 AM on a Thursday night. They had been out drinking and while driving home her boyfriend, who was in another car, hit the back of her car and sent her head-first into a tree. My manager pulled me aside about 2:30 that Friday afternoon and told me that she needed to talk to me in the breakroom. When I got in there she told me that Amanda had been in a car accident and had died. I was devastated and still am. I won't say that it hasn't gotten any easier to deal with because it has. I don't think about it every day or cry every thursday like I used to, but it still hurts.

I wish I could undo it. I wish it never happened. I'm mad at her for drinking and driving. I'm mad at Umar for being a dumbass. And i'm just generally mad that her life was ended at the tender age of 22. She had so much going for her and so much to live for. She was one of the most beautiful, funny, smart and sassy people i've ever met. I miss her so much and I guess I always will.


9 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I'm so sorry Cheryl! I've been there, and know exactly how you feel. Big hugs!

Blogger Kami said...

((((HUGS))))

So sorry.

Blogger Melanie said...

I'm sorry. Big ((Hugs))

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about this.

Blogger Denise said...

Big Hugs. I'm so sorry.

Big Hugs sweetie. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Blogger Michelle said...

I'm sorry. {{HUGS}}

Blogger ShyRocket said...

Anniversaries like this are hard. I'm sorry you lost a close friend for such a reckless reason. Not that any reason is good but the reckless ones are the worst. For what it's worth, you might appreciate the following:

*****

A Parable from the Sailing Towns

I stand upon the seashore. A ship spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and heads out across the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand to watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud on the horizon, just where the sea and sky meet to mingle with each other. At my side someone says, "There, she is gone."

Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all. She is just as large in mast and spar and hull as when she sailed close by, and just as able to bare her load of living freight to the place of destination. Her diminished size is in my vision alone. At that moment when someone at my side says, "There, she is gone," other eyes watch her coming -- and other voices take up the glad shout... "There, here she comes!"

And that is dying.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
valium online Breastfeeding and hair loss Cloning hard drives toronto

Post a Comment

<< Home